Sunday, September 4, 2011

Chocolate Avocado Pudding

After a day of cooking out, volleyball, and taking the metro home, I had a serious craving for chocolate. Hubby had the car, so I was left to my own resources to come up with something yummy. I had heard of a recipe for chocolate pudding involving the avocado, so I thought, what better time to give it a try?

I did a quick search and found this recipe on greenlitebites.com.

Now, if I didn't mention it before, I was pretty tired. The recipe called for use of a food processor, and we happen to have a pretty nice one, but I didn't feel like getting it out and messing with the cleanup, so I thought I'd give it a whirl with our *fancy* new blender (gift from a friend, awesome!). I chunked up the avocado, then added the milk, then pressed the "blend" option.

Not much happened.

I added a little more milk and the rest of the ingredients in an attempt to thing things out a bit. Still, not much going on in there. Then, I added a TON more milk, turned on the blender, and attempted to 'gently nudge' the mixture towards the blades.

Guess how that turned out.

I bet anyone reading this wishes I'd taken a picture. Sorry, I didn't. Not because I didn't want to embarass myself with the mess I'd made... more like, the mess I'd made would have looked pretty tame compared to the mess of the kitchen as a whole. And we don't need that on the interwebz.

I cleaned up my mess, got the pudding out of my eye/eyebrow (literally), and dumped a bunch more milk in in an attempt to salvage the 'pudding' that I was about to wash down the sink. Surprisingly, the extra milk didn't thin it out too much; in the end, it had quite a pudding-like consistency.

Verdict?

Hmmm... not sure yet. Definitely chocolate, but definitely still avocado. It had a bit of a funny aftertaste that I wasn't yet sure about. You know that face that a baby makes when they're forced to eat something they find gross? That's the face my husband made when I forced him to try it. You have to give him credit for being honest, I suppose. I'll do what I can to get a picture of that up!

No comments:

Post a Comment